Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cell Lab!

We started our unit on cells in Science this week. I found this cute project on TPT. I will share the link later. Basically, I had all the students bring in a cereal box to build a plant and animal cell.
That's the picture of my back table right before we started our lab. I gathered the following materials:
Glue bottles
Light green construction paper
Dark green construction paper
Orange construction paper
Yellow construction paper
foam stickers
sequins
Confetti

I asked for donations of craft supplies like: small pompoms, buttons, sequins, etc.

So after going over the parts of the cell, the differences between a plant and animal cell, watching Brain Pop movies on the cell parts, the students were ready to build their plant and animal cells. Here is a look at one of the animal cells that we started today:



I will post more pictures later! Any other ideas for this Cell unit (websites, links, crafts)? Please share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment